Frequently Asked Questions
How can I prevent Viruses/Malware/Spyware from infecting my computer when I am online?
What web-related technologies can you provide assistance with?
eve, Inc. can help you troubleshoot/install/configure the following: (list is not exhaustive)
Custom (if coded in language/database listed above)
What is the difference between a weak and strong password?
When choosing a password you should avoid the following:
- Using a very common password, such as "password", "123456" and "qwerty" for example.
- Using short passwords. The password should be at least six characters long.
- Using a dictionary word for a password.
- Using identical password for different services, for example for other e-mail services, for forum registrations, for online banking etc.
- Using passwords all in upper-case or all in lower-case letters. It is a good practice to use both upper- and lower-case letters in the password, as well as other characters, such as a hyphen, a dot, an underscore and digits.
- Using repeating characters, for example having passwords like "1111qqqq".
- Using passwords containing characters that are located next to one another on the keyboard, for example asdfgh, 654321, qweasd etc.
- Using passwords similar to the username, for example having username/password combination such as webmaster/webmaster12
No. Internet Explorer 7 was finalized in 2005, which makes it very obsolete in "Internet time."
Do you support Internet Explorer versions 6 or 7?
If you are running Windows XP and have not upgraded your web browser to version 8 (the highest version Windows XP supports), please do so immediately for improved security and standards compliance from your web browser. The download is free, and the process is fairly quick. If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you should already have version 8 at a minimum installed by default.